Thursday, December 16, 2010

One of those days~Falling...



photograph by JHM©10


I discovered this poem I had written almost a decade ago when walking in the pouring rain that was so hard I could not tell where the curb ended and literally fell on my face. Boy did I ache the next day. However the day this happen I went home after drying off this popped in my mind... 
 









Falling Down 
By Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney©02 

I’ve fallen on my face… 
Soaked in a downpour when… 
Out of the blue... 
I fell on my face! 

“What else can happen? 
There’s no way out! 
What more do I need to do? 
I'm  so weary… 
This can’t go on.. 
Oh God, no more!” 


I fell on my face! 
Can I look up? 

Or get up? 
Roll over… 

Push away? 
No cheering around me 


No motivational speakers to perform… 
(Not even a phantom applause). 
No assistance just hard driving rain… 
Pelting relentlessly. 
And all around me... 
Weeds...
Debris…


Broke 
(No hope) 

I fell on my face! 
But I got up… 
And kept on walking. 
Soaked to the core… 
And carried on. 

(Without faith I am hopeless.) 

All rights reserved JHM 6-27-02© 


photograph by JHM©10

No comments:

Post a Comment