Saturday, October 2, 2010

1st Saturday in October Stroll

Even a city sign becomes part of a sculpted topiary...
Alocal restaurant at the end of my street undergoing renovations...
Love the metal scuplture water fountain in this side gallery house.

I love this sign.Everytime I see if I burst out laughing. New Orleanians have some a delicious sense of humor.

This morning I realized the sun was rising later then its usual 6am when I like to walk. I left at 7am to take my walk enjoying the coolness & the quiet of Sat morning while those who normally don't get to do, I suppose, sleep late. I was please that I walked a total of 12 blocks round trip.

It felt good, but even more so was drinking in the beauty of some of the lovely homes I encountered
This morning I realized the sun was rising later then its usual 6am when I like to walk. I left at 7am to take my walk enjoying the coolness & the quiet of Sat morning while those who normally don't get to do, I suppose, sleep late. I was please that I walked a total of 12 blocks round trip.


It felt good, but even more so was drinking in the beauty of some of the lovely homes I encountered and reveling in how the sunlight caught some of the most common things in uncommon ways.

I still see things with the delight of a child & the appreciation of a mature woman. And still can drool, yet dream of owning one of these interesting homes with a bevy of history, sounds & memories. Very affordable tis dreaming...

I will take strolling through the neighborhood for 45 minutes any day of the week rather then walking a treadmill going no place although the physical benefit are the same. I can recharge, revitalize and rejuvenate my senses as well as my body. SO why not double the pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment