Monday, February 14, 2011

Say Yeah... say yeah...





I learned this evening that one of my poems will be released in someone's book! The publishing company University Press & the author had been trying to find me...I got so excited (and honestly I had forgotten) to get the name of the book.  She told me but I cannot remember!  Also tomorrow I will be used as "the lady at the table" in a segment of HBO's series Treme.  I get to have a fabulous lunch, get paid and listen to New Orleans jazz? 

Made me happy.. It doesn't take much!




Say Yeah… say yeah

By Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney©11

Say yeah...
Say yeah...
I say yeah.
Go down Moses… 
Tell Pharaoh that I'm in an Effie mode today...
This is a hand on the hip, gutbucket groan….
That can only come from someone who knows...
Who’s been there more then on time?
In a scene where she be on familiar terms with stuff…
And stuffed people who distinguish themselves with nothing other then
Bits & pieces
(It is not yet their time yet)…
But knows experiences trumps assumptions
And one does not know
But knows...
When it is time to say yeah...
Say yeah
Say yeah.
To do what is necessary
To see what's possible
And then pull off the impossible
When one must say yeah...
Say yeah...
Say yeah...
All Rights Reserved JHM 2-14-11© 





Vous et nul autre (You & no Other),

Jacquelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment